One week after we've arrived...
- both kids are successfully in school. It was easy for Hanna - and such a blessing after the chaos and frustration of the past few months. She's already found a wonderful group of friends, and is starting Drama Club today (lead by Aunt Carrie). For Caleb...it was a little more difficult, but he's getting there. We really didn't take into account that he really only remembers ever living in Florida and how uprooted he would feel. He's getting a few extra snuggles, a little more time, seems to be making friends now and he's doing better.
- almost everything that needs to be unpacked is unpacked. There are a few random boxes, and a few things I'm still looking for that I'd really love to find. Mostly, things are finding homes. As for the rest? The storage unit is only about 5 minutes away.
- I've been in the kitchen almost every night, and it feels great. A batch of stock, chicken pasta, risotto and roasted vegetables, roast pork and a Mexican feast with my sister (all on different nights)...I never realize how much I miss chopping and stirring until I'm out of the kitchen for a week or so.
- 4 days at the gym this week and it's making a huge difference in my energy levels. In four days, I'm up to 23 minutes on the treadmill with a few running intervals and 5 or 6 minutes on the elliptical. The goal for now is to get up to 30 and 10, and then steal time from the treadmill and give it to the elliptical. I'm already craving more.
- looks like Tom's interview will be next Friday (the 4th?) in Merced. We're both excited about this opportunity, but not wanting to get our hopes up. We'd hugely appreciate any and all prayers.