Realizing it's been a bit of a bummer around here...so to lighten things up a bit, I thought I'd share a few things that have been making my day brighter:
- We have been overwhelmed with love and kind words as our news has gone out. I've got to get all of the Facebook notes and emails we've received printed - they need to go in a scrapbook somewhere. Thank you, thank you, thank you to you all. And thanks to God for the incredible ways He's been providing and making His love known to us in a more tangible manner.
- This sweater from Old Navy, in a darker brown than they currently have available. I ordered it the day after Thanksgiving - they seem to have the only fit of jeans Tom likes in the whole wide world, and they were on sale for $15 a pair. So was the sweater. It came on Tuesday and I've found a reason to wear it every day since because it feels like wearing a warm, cozy afghan. In fact, I might have worn it to the grocery store this morning with an ancient pair of navy sweatpants.
Dear Santa, I'd really love some sort of new sweatsuit-ish type outfit.
But not velour.
- Waiting for me...umm...I mean Tom and I in California. I have wanted one of these babies for years and can I just say my Mom is awesome? Knowing it's waiting is going to make that 2800 mile drive a little more enjoyable.
Side note: Out of all of the colors to choose from, my sister and I picked the exact same one. We've also bought the exact same pair of shoes on the same day on opposite sides of the country. I love my sister =)
- Grandma Fee arrives next Wednesday! There's a lot of stuff packing and organizing wise that I'm pulling a Scarlett O'Hara on...I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow...substituting Thursday for tomorrow.
- Mint M&M's=crack.
- Christmas specials, and kids to cuddle while watching them.
Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about.
And I'm in tears every.single.time.
I love that the kids enjoy treasure these traditions as much as I do.
- Cold weather. It's been cold. Like honest-to-goodness-really-cold-and-not-just-Florida-version-of-cold here this week, and it actually feels like Christmas. We've got a little warm up this weekend, and then more real cold next week. My toes aren't exactly as happy about it as I am and my skin is going insane. I need to get this figured out a bit better before I get back to California in January!
Santa, are you still there? I think a pair of slippers would be nice too. Maybe moccasins?
- My Kindle and it's cute green case. It's taken me a while to get used to it, but I'm finally hooked. I love too books - the feel, the smell, the touch - too much to ever completely go e-reader, but I adore how easy my Kindle is on my eyes. Being able to just download a book from Amazon at home is kind of nice too.
Santa? Amazon gift certificates are good too!
- Watching casting come together for The Hobbit, in particular Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins. Loved him as Tim in the BBC version of the Office and positively adored him in the Sherlock series that ran on Masterpiece Theater (and if you haven't watched that, you simply must!). It makes me smile everytime I see a new face that's been added to the cast.
- Back to homeschooling...sort of. Because December is a short month for school and we're only going to be here for two weeks of January, we decided to switch Hanna to the homeschool option offered by her school to save money. She goes into school one day a week for tests and to work on-campus, and they provide the curriculum. On her homestudy days, she sets her goals each and I just sort of supervise and hop in if she needs help. Why didn't I know about this last year???? It's been nice.
- Lots of time to think and process. I closed up my studio until after the move and I'm avoiding thinking about packing (see above), which has given me lots of time to think...about my faith, about the sort of church I desire, about the sort of pastor's family I feel like we're called to be, about my hopes and goals for the future. There's so much in my head that needs to come out, and it will...soonish.
What's on your happy list today?